About Ralph Eva
I have been working in mental health for over 19 years, originally as a mental health nurse and more recently as a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist.
During this time I have worked in a wide range of settings in specialised psychiatry that has allowed me to gain knowledge and experience of working with many different people of all ages (including children 12+) with varying problems and distress.
I initially started my training in CBT in an Early Intervention in Psychosis service in 2009 and completed further training in CBT to become a fully accredited member of the BABCP (British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies).
My current role consists of treating clients with PTSD and trauma, OCD, social anxiety, health anxiety, generalised anxiety and worry, panic, phobias, low self-esteem, depression and post-natal depression. I am also trained in EMDR for treating PTSD.
I currently provide CBT supervision for trainee therapists and accredited practitioners.
- Project 2000 Mental Health Nursing UWE
- BSC Health and Community Practice/Mental Health Specialist Practitioner UWE
- CBT for Psychosis UWE
- Family Work for Psychosis
- Post Graduate Diploma in Evidence Based Psychological Treatments (CBT) University of Reading
- EMDR certificate basic training Parts 1-3 (EMDR works)
- IAPT supervisor training programme University of Exeter
I adhere to the codes and ethics of the BABCP (British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies) and I regularly attend training events to enhance my skills as a CBT therapist as part of my accreditation and ongoing professional development