About Hazel Brygider
I started my career and training in CBT and mental health over 11 years ago at the Priory Hospital Bristol, working both on the eating disorder unit and the acute mental health unit, offering group work and individual therapy.
I joined the NHS in 2012 and have completed further training in CBT to become a fully accredited member of the BABCP (British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies).
My current role consists of treating clients with PTSD and trauma, OCD, social anxiety, health anxiety, generalised anxiety and worry, panic, phobias, eating disorders, low self-esteem, depression and post-natal depression. Since joining the NHS I have co-facilitated an OCD treatment group and I currently co-facilitate a group treatment programme for people with emotional intensity difficulties.
I also provide CBT supervision for trainee therapists and accredited practitioners.
- BSC Psychology with Honours University of Plymouth
- Certificate in counselling skills Filton College Bristol
- Post graduate certificate in Therapeutic Counselling University of Wales
- Professional Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (core model CBT) University of Wales
- Post Graduate Diploma in CBT for IAPT University of Exeter
- IAPT supervisor training programme University of Exeter
I adhere to the codes and ethics of the BABCP (British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies) and I regularly attend training events to enhance my skills as a CBT therapist as part of my accreditation and ongoing professional development.